Materials used come from supporters who generously set aside interesting metal objects for me. Please contact me if you have potentially helpful materials in the Somerville area. Delivery is a big plus, but I do have a sturdy bicycle with an enormous trailer capable of hauling a few hundred pounds.
Donation Materials that I will take Any Time
I’m always seeking the following dysfunctional or obsolete objects.
- coaster brake bicycle hubs
- three-speed bicycle hubs
- bicycle bottom bracket axles
- angle iron bed frames
- worn-out hardware: nuts, bolts, washers, etc.
- hand tools, such as shears, wrenches pliers, etc.
- small gears
- spark plugs (low stock)
- lengths of 1″ copper tubing longer than two inches*
With the exception of the copper tubing (as well as certain stainless steels), if it’s not paramagnetic (a magnet doesn’t stick to it), I can’t weld it.